Monday 26 March 2012

Marble Nails


I recently started to follow Karla Powell on twitter and instagram, she posts such brilliant make-up and nail effects. The other day I noticed Karla had posted a marble effect look and I instantly thought I'm going to give that a go. So I started to youtube other marble effects and kind of adapted mine in my own way. Last night I gave it ago and for saying it was my first time I think I was pretty good (not to be big headed). The thing with this marble effect nail varnish it is very time consuming so if you have a night alone or nothing to do its the perfect time to give it a go, I think in the end it took me around two hours start to finish. I was originally was going to do a step by step tutorial but I shall link the video instead as it may be easier to follow if you want to give this a go. The colours I used were from the Maybelline forever strong collection; Bubblegum, Flamingo Pink, Couture Orange and deep red. These worked really well together and gives a really lovely summery look, I'm so excited to experiment further using different patterns and colours.











Have you ever given this a go or thinking of giving it a go? I would love to see your results.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm very impressed, I've seen a few marble nails around but I had no idea this was how you did it! I might give it ago when I next do my nails. I like your colour choice xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I'm impressed you had the patience! :D

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh er.. will you do mine for me? I know there's a tutorial but I'm hopeless haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca - if you give it a go i would love to see how they turned out :)

    Lea - yeah i don't really know how i had the patience it took me around 2 hours and then i messed up my left hand o had to re-do that but i got there :)

    Charlotte - i would be honored to do your nails :) haha it'd be good fun :)

    thanks for your comments guys :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I love your colour choices :d I'm a huge pink fan! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts :)

xxx